apple bacon spinach salad
Many of the recipes I post on here are creative and new to me. And many of them are tried and true favorites I’ve made for years. This one happens to be in the latter. :)
Indeed. A simple apple and spinach salad. With bacon (yes, please) And toasted pecans (or candied…mmmm). And some tart cheese (or cheddar). And a few red onions (keep a mint nearby). And….whatever else I may feel like throwing in (I’ve made a long list of other favorite ingredients below).
You pretty much can’t go wrong with this one. So grab your apple for the day and enjoy!
Apple Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 cups baby spinach, well-washed and dried
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 apples, chopped
- quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (or gorgonzola, or cheddar)
- apple cider vinaigrette, or balsamic vinaigrette
Toss together first seven ingredients (or lay out as you wish), and then drizzle with apple cider vinaigrette.
Whenever I make this, I often add (or substitute) in some of the following ingredients too. Feel free to give them a try!
- Shredded rotisserie chicken (or grilled chicken strips)
- Roasted or dried apples (instead of fresh)
- Dried cranberries or cherries
- Other favorite greens (Romaine or arugula)
- Turkey bacon (instead of regular)
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced or cubed roasted sweet potatoes