arugula salad with bacon, tomatoes & buttermilk dressing
I am obsessed with this salad. It’s basically the joy of BLTs, with the L turned into an A (baby arugula!). Plus some blue cheese, red onions, and buttermilk dressing.
Ok, so maybe it’s not exactly like BLTs.
But I promise you’ll love it!
It’s definitely a great base for a salad that can be served easily on its own. Or it also pairs perfectly with grilled salmon, shrimp, chicken, or whatever sounds good to you. And the buttermilk dressing can be also made “lighter” with Greek yogurt if you’d like.
See? I promised you would love it! :)
- fresh baby arugula
- crumbled cooked bacon
- cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- red onions, sliced thinly
- blue cheese, sliced or crumbled
- buttermilk dressing (see below)
- 1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt or mayonaisse
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed or minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
To Make Salad:
Toss ingredients together with dressing until combined.
To Make Buttermilk Dressing:
Whisk together all ingredients until well-blended.
The buttermilk dressing would also be great with some chopped fresh chives and/or oregano thrown in!