This Healthy Chocolate Granola recipe is super-easy to make, naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup, and soooo chocolatey and delicious.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or your preferred nuts)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (or 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, cocoa powder and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate mixing cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then remove from the oven, give the mixture a good stir, then sprinkle the coconut evenly on top. Bake for 5 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack. Let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the chocolate chips and/or any other add-ins that you prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.