Hawaiian Pita Pizzas

It seems like everyone I know is always looking for new dinner ideas that are two things: quick and easy!!!  (And all the better if they’re healthy and delicious too!)  So when I found myself on the run this week, making a quick Hawaiian pita pizza during a brief stop at home, I figured it might be worth a post.  :)

Without a doubt, this definitely falls in the “15-minute meals” category.  Pita pizzas are super easy, can be made with just about any favorite ingredients you have at home (toppings, cheeses, sauces, etc.).  You can also make them just about as healthy as you’d like, by subbing in whole-wheat pita (or other gluten-free breads), nutritious toppings, and if you’re like me — I try to take it easy on the cheese when making my own.  Then serve it up with a side of fruit and/or salad, and you have a well-balanced dinner!

Definitely a big step up from frozen pizzas.  And, as opposed to store-bought, you get to control what fresh ingredients go in these!  And, homemade pizzas are also a fantastic way to get the family in the kitchen helping make their own dinners too – fun!!

So when you’re on the run, or just looking for a delicious, easy dinner — make it a pita pizza night!  Enjoy!!

Hawaiian Pita Pizzas

A totally delicious, healthy 15-minute meal, you will love this Hawaiian Pita Pizza recipe!

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spread a few tablespoons of pizza sauce atop a piece of pita bread. Then layer with Canadian bacon and diced pineapple. Sprinkle cheese on top, then add a few more pieces of Canadian bacon and pineapple.

Place on a cookie sheet (or directly on the oven shelves) and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pita reaches desired level of crispness. Remove and use a pizza cutter (or a sharp knife) to cut into slices, and serve immediately.

Since these are so small, I also love making these in the toaster oven!

Comments

1. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 9, 2010 @ 9:33 am (#)

Wow, I love that you used a pita as the pizza crust – That is so creative, and very health-concious, too! Way to go!

2. Jackie — June 10, 2010 @ 10:40 am (#)

You totally inspired me! I couldn’t find pitas at the store (what?!!?) so I bought big tortillas (spinach-herb flavor) and made the Hawaiian pizzas on those. They were super yummy and I made them on my pizza stone.

3. Stephen — June 11, 2010 @ 2:19 am (#)

this looks so easy and good. starving student currently and i so appreciate you sharing this! haha.

4. Kristen — June 14, 2010 @ 1:13 pm (#)

This recipe looks amazing! My husband and I love pizza, and the pitas will help make it a bit healthier! Thanks for sharing!

5. Sally W-B — July 1, 2010 @ 3:24 pm (#)

I just discovered your blog yesterday and can’t wait to make this recipe tomorrow night for Friday Pizza Night. I love Hawaiian pizza from a place here in Columbus, OH. They sprinkle it with cinnamon and use sliced almonds so I’m going to make those additions.

6. Martha (MM) — January 17, 2011 @ 8:19 am (#)

Yummy! Found this over on the link at orgjunkie this morning – this is going on next week’s menu for sure :-)

1. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday ~ Nov 26/12 + Pokemon Party! : I'm an Organizing Junkie

2. Pingback: gimme some oven | Game Day Recipes | Gimme Some Oven

3. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday ~ March 11/13 : I'm an Organizing Junkie

4. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday ~ March 11/13 | Top-Ranked Blog

5. Pingback: Blinkie App – Fifteen Meals That Take Less Than 30 Minutes to Prepare

6. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday ~ March 17/14

7. Pingback: 13 delicious pita recipes your family will love | Everyfoodrecipes, cooking tips, and how-to food videos—all rated and reviewed by millions of home cooks,make the perfect birthday cake, or plan your next holiday dinner.

8. Pingback: Our Weekly Menu/Shopping List (Cheap, Easy Meals for $7/person perday): Week Ending 8-8-14 @ The Busy Budgeter