Pineapple, Orange & Banana Smoothie

Pineapple Orange Banana Smoothie | gimmesomeoven.com

If you look on the top shelf of my fridge, there are three drinks you’re guaranteed to find: a pitcher of iced tea, milk…and pine-orange-banana juice.  It’s been my favorite for about…oh…twenty years.  :)  (Gosh, I’m getting old!)

So when I realized this week that I coincidentally had real oranges, bananas, and a fresh pineapple in the house, thought I would kick it up another notch and make the real thing!  And I’m happy to report it was, of course, absolutely fabulous.  And super sweet — definitely no extra honey, vanilla, or other ingredients needed.

Enjoy!!!

Pineapple, Orange & Banana Smoothie

This pineapple, orange and banana smoothie is quick and easy to make, and so tasty!

• 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
  • 2 bananas, peeled
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed and/or wheat germ (optional)

In a blender, combine all ingredients.  Blend until smooth, then serve immediately.  (If your blender has trouble getting going, you may need to add in a few tablespoons of water or juice to get it started.)

If you think a few hours ahead before making this (instead of impulsively, like me :-)), toss these fruits (pre-chopped) into the freezer for a few hours.  Then there’s no need to use ice!!

Comments

1. sweetbird — January 15, 2010 @ 6:17 pm (#)

Oh man, I really need to get a blender. This looks delicious.

2. Lianne Nichols — January 15, 2010 @ 6:42 pm (#)

I have all three of those in my fridge right now!!! Mmmmm…. breakfast smoothie tomorrow.

3. Alex — January 15, 2010 @ 7:57 pm (#)

Amazing. I love pineapple and banana together and the oranges just make it so tropical. Yumm.

4. SMM — January 16, 2010 @ 1:31 am (#)

love me a smoothie. We use ice and yogurt (french vanilla) as I can’t do bananas.

If we find the fruit a little too tart we use a squirt of agave to even on the flavour.

5. Misty — January 16, 2010 @ 3:10 am (#)

Yum! love the pineapple picture.

6. Michelle — January 16, 2010 @ 6:21 am (#)

Love these photos! I’ve been drinking a smoothie for breakfast everyday, using whatever frozen fruits I have in the freezer. I add some grape juice and vanilla soy milk too. It’s been a great way to start the day.

7. Chrissy — April 1, 2012 @ 4:46 pm (#)

This was absolutely amazing! It ‘s perfect for breakfast and just… wow. I’m drinking it right now and it is amazing!

8. Jessie — June 7, 2012 @ 10:13 am (#)

Hey there! I just wanted to say thanks again for the recipe for this smoothie and to let you know that the cooking challenge has just gone live if you wanted to check it out.

Have a great day! :)

9. Martina — May 6, 2014 @ 1:46 am (#)

Thank you but I would change two things: 1) the ornge, i would put orange squeezed instead of the whole orange because otherwise in the smoothie there is a lot of fiber that does not get blended easily, also I would avoid flaxseed as my natoropath told me that they are cito-toxic (still have to figure out what does it mean exactly) ciao!

1. Pingback: MacGourmet Recipe Batch: Smoothies | ZeynepGoral.com