These 3-ingredient croissants are quick and easy to make, and perfectly flaky and Nutella-licious.
- 1 package (2 sheets) store-bought puff pastry*, thawed but still cool
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 egg (plus 1 tablespoon of water)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or misting with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a cutting board or other flat surface lightly with flour. Then spread out the puff pastry sheet so that it is flat. Use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry until it is smooth and even. Use a pizza cutter or knife to then cut the puff pastry along the three folding lines into thirds. Then cut each long rectangle into two long triangles, making six triangles total.
- Place a dallop (about 1 tablespoon) of Nutella on the wide end of the triangle, and use a spoon to spread it out just a bit over the triangle. (Try to leave at least a 1/2-inch border all the way around the edges of the triangle, though, so the Nutella does not seep out during baking.) Then, beginning with the wide end of the triangle, roll the dough up into a croissant shape. Place on a baking sheet, and turn in the edges of the dough slightly to make a “U” croissant shape.
- Repeat with the remaining five triangles. Then repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry and remaining Nutella.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and one tablespoon of water until combined. Then liberally brush the egg mixture onto the top of each croissant. (You can also use the egg wash to help seal the ends of the croissant, if they are not holding together.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the croissants are golden and flaky. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
To make these vegan, I recommend using Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, melted vegan butter (instead of an egg), and vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.
Please answer!!! I have a project for school so could I make these tonight put them in the fridge then take them to school tomorrow
Hi Shaylee — we’re not sure what your question is?
Can’t wait to make theses!! I hope they turn out well
We hope you enjoy them Shakiah!
These sound scrumptious! Can they be frozen after they’ve been cooked?
Thanks Margaret — we hope you enjoy them! And yes, these can be baked and then frozen. Just wrap the croissants (make sure they’ve cooled completely) tightly with foil or plastic wrap, and place in heavy-duty freezer bag or freezer-safe tupperware container.
Just making these now. Just like to know apart from cream, what else would you serve these with please?
You can enjoy these with some fresh fruit, eggs, bacon (whatever breakfast foods you like), or if you’re having them for dessert, fresh berries with whipped cream would be great!
I tried them wen I was on tour and all my mates loved them, wen we had our meet and great I gave some to a very special girl called lily she was 4 and as soon as she bit into it her face lit up ?
We’re so glad these were a hit, Jacob — that’s awesome to hear! :)
its compact very hard
We’re not sure we understand what you mean, Malena?
What’s the secret to keeping them rolled? Mine unroll every time.
Hi Kara! We just try to press each piece of dough into the other as best as we can, kind of pinching them together if that makes sense.
Hi. I want to make these and give them an almond flavour. Can I add some almond meal to the nutella? Do u think it will taste good?
Hi Rochelle! We wouldn’t use almond meal in these, you’d want to use a bit of almond extract for some good almond flavor. Just keep in mind that a little goes a long way though. We hope you enjoy these!
yummoooo… i just gobbled them up when its still warm. I close the ends cos i was afraid the nutella would melt out from the pastry and made mess.
Awesome, we’re so glad you enjoyed them! :)
It came out great..my husband loved it!!!?planning to do for my kids birthday party
Yay, so happy to hear it! :) Enjoy!
I made these the other night and they were so delicious!! I sifted some powder sugar on top and added some strawberries as well:) So yummy!!
OMG! the kids are getting FAT!!!!! Simple to make and very very addictive!!!!!
I made this and they turned out to be lovely! Considering that I am fairly young (and rarely ever bake) these were very simple to make and were delicious. My only question would be if you believe I should store the leftovers I may have in either a pantry or refrigerator?
Pure filth! SOOOOO good!
this recipe was really delicious and i really enjoyed making them. they are also super easy and quick
Haven’t made these yet but want to tell you thank you for putting vegan options on there! Can’t wait to make these with my daughter
Wanted to spice up my little puff pastry treats and this was a cute way of doing it! Got them in the oven right now :D
Loved it!! Tried similar Egg Puff without Oven :
These are a absolutely awesome. My husband and I love cream cheese so we added cream cheese to the top of the Nutella. These are always a huge hit.
Can you roll the pastry then freeze for later baking. I have a party and rant them fresh, but need all the prep work done ahead?
Muy ricos oero el hojaldre lo hago casero…
These look amazing! Going to make them right now.
Recipes sounds great – could I use sweetened red bean paste instead of the Nutella?