If you are a fan of fresh breads, you will love this Apple Cheddar Bread recipe which is an artful combination of both sweet and savory apple goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 8 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature & fork beaten
- 2 cups apples (any favorite), unpeeled & finely shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2–3 Tbsp. minced sage, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9” loaf pan with cooking spray. (Insert parchment paper overlapping over the long sides if you’d like.)
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs until combined. By hand, mix in the flour mixture. Fold in the apples, cheese and sage. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until risen and a wooden skewer comes out of the center clean, about 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature before slicing.
Recipe adapted from Cook and Be Merry