This smoky Apple Cider Mezcal Margarita is made with just 3 easy ingredients, and it is SO delicious and perfect for autumn!
Smoky Apple Cider Margarita Ingredients:
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 2 ounces apple cider, homemade or store-bought
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- optional sweetener: maple syrup or agave nectar, to taste*
- optional garnishes: diced apples and a cinnamon stick
Sweet Ginger Salt Rim Garnish:
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lime
To Make The Smoky Apple Cider Margarita:
- Begin by salting the rims of your glasses, if you would like. (See instructions below.)
- Add mezcal, apple cider, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker, and shake or stir until combined. Taste, and if you would like the mixture to be sweeter, stir in a half teaspoon of maple syrup or agave nectar at a time, until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour in the margarita mixture over the rocks. Serve immediately, garnished with diced apples and a cinnamon stick, if desired.
To Make The Sweet Ginger Salt Rim Garnish:
- Whisk together the salt, sugar and ground ginger in a shallow bowl until combined. Run a slice of lime (the juicy part!) around the top edge of your glass, then dip it in the ginger mixture.