A new way to enjoy a crisp caramel apple… you will love this Apple Nachos recipe!
- 5 medium tart apples (I used Granny Smith), peeled, cored and sliced very thin
- juice of 1–2 lemons
- 1 jar caramel sauce (or melt together 36 caramels and 1 Tbsp. water in microwave)
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- After slicing the apples, immediately dip them in lemon juice (or give them a good sprinkle) so that they do not brown. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside.
- Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel, and then with the melted marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Serve immediately while the caramel is still warm.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home