This traditional Greek Salad recipe is wonderfully uncomplicated, easy to make, and so refreshing. Feel free to toss it everything together in a mixing bowl, or just serve the base ingredients with bottles of olive oil and red wine vinegar on the side for people to dress their individual portions.
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber (or two small Persian cucumbers), sliced into half moons
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, plus extra for serving
- sea salt
- 5 ounces feta cheese, thickly-sliced if possible
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and olives in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and sprinkle with the oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Toss briefly. Then top with feta cheese. And finish the salad by drizzling a little extra olive oil and adding another pinch of oregano on top.
- Serve and enjoy! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.