This Avocado Cilantro Dressing is all of the flavors you love from fresh guacamole…blended into a vinaigrette!
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- half of a small jalapeño
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely-packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Combine avocado, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup water in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed. Also, feel free to add a few extra tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing to your desired consistency, if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*Feel free to add in half a shallot if you happen to have one on hand. Or, you’re welcome to add in 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt to make this dressing extra creamy.
**The top picture in this post features a double batch, approximately 2 cups yield.