These bacon breakfast tacos pack lots of great flavors, lots of protein, and lots of healthy ingredients. And they are also a great breakfast you can take “to go”!
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, cored and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- ½ cup whole-kernel corn
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 Old El Paso Stand & Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Saute diced bacon in a saute pan over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer bacon to a separate plate using a slotted spoon. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the remaining bacon grease in the saute pan, and discard the rest.
- Add onion, poblano, red bell and corn pepper to the pan. Sprinkle with cumin, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Saute over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent. Transfer the mixture to a separate plate, and set aside. Rinse off the pan, then return pan to the heat.
- Add the eggs and milk to the pan, and reduce heat to medium. Whisk to combine. Cook the eggs until scrambled, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and portion the eggs equally into the 4 flour tortillas. Top with a few spoonfuls of the onion mixture, then sprinkle with bacon, then top with avocado, cilantro and crumbled cheese. Serve immediately.