You will love this decadent yet simple Bailey’s Dark Chocolate Pudding recipe. This perfect chocolate-y goodness is ready to go in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I prefer dark chocolate cocoa, but any works)
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. instant coffee (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- optional toppings: whipped cream and/or dark chocolate shavings
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cocoa, sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until blended, then place over medium low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour one ladle of the heated mixture into the bowl with the egg and whisk quickly (in order to temper and not cook the egg). Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate and return to medium low heat and cook until it just begins to boil.
- Shut off the heat and add the chopped chocolate and butter. Stir to combine until both are melted and mixed in. Then stir in the Bailey’s until combined.
- Pour into 3-4 wine glasses, or 6 ramekins. Chill for a few hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate.
I thought this recipe had the perfect balance of Bailey’s flavor. But the nice part about adding it in at the end is that you can control how much (or how little) you would like to add in. A tablespoon more or less won’t make much of a difference in the consistency of the pudding.