This homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe is quick and easy to make, totally customizable, and tastes great on everything from salads to vegetables to proteins and beyond!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey), to taste
- (optional add-ins: 1 tablespoon minced fresh shallots and/or 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning*)
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl until evenly combined. (Or — my favorite method — shake the ingredients together in a mason jar or dressing bottle until evenly combined.)
- Add your desired amount of maple syrup (or honey) to sweeten, along with any optional add-ins that you desire.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*Or if you don’t have Italian seasoning, dried thyme or oregano would work well.
**The top photo pictures a double batch of this recipe.