This banana bread recipe is easy to make, naturally-sweetened, made with white whole wheat flour, and it is perfectly moist and delicious!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (any other mildly-flavored cooking oil*)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9 x 5-inch bread pan with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, almond milk, eggs and vanilla extract until combined and smooth. Whisk in the mashed bananas, and whisked until mostly smooth. (There will be some small lumps remaining with the bananas.)
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined. Pour the dry ingredient mixture into the banana mixture, and stir until evenly combined, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, and spread the top with a spoon so that it is flat and smooth. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean. (*If the bread starts to get too dark and brown on top while baking, place a sheet of aluminum foil lightly on top of the bread until it finishes baking.)
- Remove from the oven, and let the bread cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
*Vegetable oil, canola oil, melted coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil would all work here.
**This bread also freezes well! Just wrap the entire loaf or individual slices tightly with plastic wrap, and you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Adapted from AllRecipes.