A delicious and simple sorbet – celebrating the best flavors of summer! Detailed recipe and photographs included.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups basil leaves, gently packed
- 1 cup sugar (or more/less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. lime zest
- In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes (or more).
- Then add the sugar/water mixture, basil leaves and lime juice to a blender. And carefully (use caution when blending warm liquids) puree the mixture for about 1 minute, or until well-blended.. Pour through fine-meshed strainer, and stir in the lime zest.
- Freeze immediately in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions until slushy-firm. Scoop into a storage container and freeze until firm enough to scoop.
Adapted from The Herb Companion