This simple pink latte recipe is easy to make hot or iced, and features a cozy mix of beetroot powder and warming spices, your choice of milk and a hint of sweetener.
Pink latte mix:
- 1/3 cup beetroot powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
To make the mix:
- Mix. Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake until evenly combined.
To make a hot latte:
- Steam the milk. Steam the milk until warm and frothy using a frother. Or heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until nearly simmering, and whisk briefly until frothy.
- Mix until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the dry pink latte mix plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup to a heatproof mug. Pour the steamed milk (minus the foam) into the mug and stir until combined. Add the foam on top and give it a brief stir.
- Add extra sweetener if needed. Give the latte a taste and add extra sweetener, if needed.
- Serve warm. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To make an iced latte:
- Dissolve the pink latte mix. Heat 1/3 cup of the oat milk (or alternately you can just use hot water) until nearly simmering. In a heatproof glass or measuring cup, whisk together the hot milk, 1 tablespoon of the dry latte mix and 1 teaspoon maple syrup until combined.
- Mix until combined. Fill a large glass with ice. Pour in the warm latte mixture. Then pour in the remaining cold milk, and stir briefly with a straw until combined.
- Add extra sweetener if needed. Give the iced latte a taste and add extra sweetener, if needed.
- Serve cold. Serve immediately and enjoy!