This biscuits and mushroom gravy recipe is wonderfully delicious and comforting, it’s naturally vegan, and it all comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 batch 3-Ingredient Coconut Oil Biscuits
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or olive oil (or you can substitute regular butter, if not making these vegan)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat (or all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original (or Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon finely-minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the 3-Ingredient Coconut Oil Biscuits according to directions.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and stir to coat. Then saute the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked and softened. Add shallot and garlic, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is cooked and softened. Sprinkle the mixture with the flour, and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vegetable stock until combined. Then add in the remaining ingredients, and stir until completely combined.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the gravy reaches your desired thickness, about 1-5 minutes (depending on how thin you like your gravy), stirring occasionally. Taste, and season with additional salt, pepper and/or rosemary if needed. Remove from heat and serve the gravy ladled over the warm biscuits, topped with an additional sprinkle of black pepper if desired.