You will love this blackberry cabernet sorbet recipe! Delicious, classy, and oh-so-simple.
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blackberries, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white (or egg substitute)
- Whip the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- In a blender, combine the blackberries, water, sugar, wine, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the whipped egg white until just mixed (don’t over-stir). Cover and chill mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Run mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Freeze in freezer to reach desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with fresh blackberries if you’d like.
Recipe adapted from StarChefs