So many Middle-Eastern flavors come together in this Breakfast Israeli Couscous (With Apricots, Almonds & Coconut) Recipe! Delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare!
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used “light”)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- Dash of salt
- Toast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat for one minute, then stir in the shredded coconut. Continue to cook for a few more minutes (stirring constantly) until they both are slightly tanned and fragrant. (Be careful – nuts go from toasted to burnt in a flash!) Remove and set aside.
- Toast couscous in a skillet over medium heat until lightly golden, stirring every minute or so.
- Pour coconut milk in a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling, but not quite. Add toasted couscous, honey, and dash of salt and stir quickly. Cover the pot and remove from heat; let sit for 15 minutes. During this time, the couscous will absorb the liquid. Once couscous has absorbed all of the liquid, add in the toasted almonds, apricots, and shredded coconut. (If you like this really sweet, feel free to add in a little more honey at the end!)
Recipe adapted from The Taste Space