You will love this Brown Sugar Broiled Grapefruit recipe! It’s tangy, sweet, and so easy to prepare. Try it today!
- 1 grapefruit, sliced in half
- 1–3 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to “broil”, with the rack on the top shelf (so that the grapefruit will be about 1.5 – 2 inches from the heat).
- Arrange grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a broil-safe pan. (You may need to use a knife to slice a small part off the bottom of each half to make sure they are sitting level in the pan.) Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and the edges begin to brown. Remove and then use a knife to segment the grapefruit slices. Serve at room temperature.
Some other ingredients you can mix with the brown sugar include:
- crystallized or ground ginger
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon or other spices
- agave nectar