This Brussels Sprouts Tacos recipe is quick and easy to make, packed with tons of delicious fresh veggies, and drizzled with the most heavenly creamy avocado sauce.
Brussels Sprouts Tacos Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved and ends trimmed off
- 3 poblano peppers, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- corn or flour tortillas
- 1 batch avocado sauce (see below)
- crumbed queso fresco or cotija cheese
Creamy Avocado Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup loosely-packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon water
How To Make The Brussels Sprouts Tacos:
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add brussels sprouts, poblano peppers and garlic, and stir to combine. Continue sauteing for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the brussels sprouts are softened and cooked through. Stir in the black beans and cook for 1 more minute to warm through. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the veggies are sauteing, make your sauce. (See instructions below.)
- Once you’re ready to assemble the tacos, place the 3-4 tortillas on a plate covered with a damp paper towel and microwave for 10-20 seconds until they are warmed through. Remove the tortillas, and fill them with a few spoonfuls of the brussels sprouts filling, a heaping spoonful of sauce, and a few pinches of the crumbled cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Serve warm, garnished with extra lime wedges for serving if desired.
How To Make The Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- Place all ingredients except the water in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in the water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Serve with the tacos immediately.