You’ll love this Buffalo Chicken Cups recipe. It’s simple to prepare, and serves as a brilliant appetizer for special occasions — and perfect for game day!
- 2–3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cayenne hot sauce (I recommend Frank’s “Red Hot”)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, and then sprinkle evenly with the smoked paprika and chili powder. Place in a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and let cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, fit a wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini baking cups, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. (Be careful to keep the corners of each wonton wrapper open; otherwise you will not be able to fill them!) Bake for 5 minutes or until very lightly browned. Keep wontons in baking cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter and hot sauce. Add the chicken and stir until well coated. Then fill each wonton cup with a tablespoon or two of chicken, and then top with a pinch of blue cheese. Return wonton cups to oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melty. Remove and top with sliced scallions, and serve warm. These are best served immediately.
If you’d like to save a step, you can easily substitute a rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Just shred it, and follow the steps to mix it with the hot sauce, etc.