Buffalo chicken ingredients make for a tasty fresh salad!
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. cayenne hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 8 cups roughly-chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- crumbled blue cheese
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe below)
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch each of cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
- (optional: a tablespoon or two of milk to thin the dressing, if needed)
To Make The Salad:
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound to even thickness, about 1/2-inch thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate to rest for at least 5 minutes. Cut into strips or bite-sized pieces, then toss chicken with your desired amount of buffalo sauce.
- Meanwhile, toss together lettuce, celery, scallions and avocado with the Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing until combined. Serve topped with the buffalo chicken.
To Make The Dressing:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Stir in a little extra milk if needed to thin.