This buffalo hummus recipe is everything you love about classic hummus…kicked up a big notch. ;)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup water (or 2 tablespoons water + 2 tablespoons olive oil)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- (optional) 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4–8 tablespoons hot sauce*, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- (optional toppings: olive oil, chopped roasted red peppers, thinly-sliced green onions, extra crumbled blue cheese)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender (*starting with only 4 tablespoons of hot sauce, if you don’t like much heat). Pulse until combined. Taste, and add more hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Serve with your desired dippers, garnished with optional toppings if desired.
*I’m a big fan of Frank’s hot sauce and highly recommend it.