A simple, delicious Caprese pizza recipe celebrating all things fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella! Detailed recipe/photos included.
- 1 pizza crust, either homemade or storebought
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (**see note below**)
- fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- handful of fresh basil, torn into small pieces or julienne
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (or the temperature specified on your pizza crust, if storebought).
- Lay your pizza crust on a floured work surface. Lay the halved tomatoes evenly across the crust. Top with your desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. (Or you can bake it on a pizza stone, following the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking temperatures/times.) Remove pizza and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with the torn fresh basil and serve immediately.