These Carrot Patch “Dirt” Cups are made with an easy chocolate-avocado mousse, topped with crumbled Oreos, then topped with (naturally-colored) chocolate-covered strawberry “carrots”. They’re the fun sweet treat for Spring!
Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- 1 batch chocolate-covered strawberry “carrots”
- 1 batch chocolate avocado mousse “dirt”
- 24 Oreos, crumbled
Chocolate Avocado Mousse “Dirt” Ingredients:
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, melted*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry “Carrots” Ingredients:
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted*
- McCormick Color From Nature Food Coloring (red and yellow)
- 6 fresh strawberries
- To Make The “Dirt”: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process for 1 minute, or until completely smooth. If you would like a thinner mousse, feel free to add in a few extra tablespoons of almond milk. Stir in about 2/3 of the crumbled Oreo mixture until combined, reserving the rest for the “dirt” topping.
- To Make The “Carrots”: Combine melted chocolate and food coloring together in a small bowl, and stir until your desired color is reached. (Heads up — you’ll need more yellow than red food coloring!) Then one by one, dip the strawberries in the chocolate until they are covered, and place them on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. Once all of the strawberries have been dunked, use a fork (or transfer the remaining chocolate to a piping bag) to drizzle little carrot-like lines across the strawberries. Let cool until the chocolate is completely hardened.
- To Assemble: Portion the “dirt” mousse mixture evenly between your serving cups. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled Oreos evenly on top of each cup. Then top with a “carrot”.
- Serve immediately…and enjoy! Or if you’d like to prep these in advance, you can refrigerate the mousse mixture and the carrots in sealed containers for up to 2 days. Then assemble just before serving.