These cashew dark chocolate energy bites are full of protein and perfect as a snack, breakfast, or healthy dessert.
- 1 cup dry oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.