This Cashewmilk Hot Chocolate recipe is easy to make, naturally vegan, and wonderfully rich and creamy and delicious!
- 3 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original Unsweetened*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or your desired sweetener), or more/less to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- pinch of Kosher salt
- optional toppings: whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream), chopped dark chocolate, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, etc.
- Heat the Almondmilk Cashewmilk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt, and whisk until combined and completely smooth.
- Taste, and add extra sweetener if needed.
- Ladle the chocolate into serving mugs, and top with your desired toppings if desired. Serve immediately.
*You could also use the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original variety, and reduce the amount of maple syrup (or other sweetener) that you add to the recipe.