This chai-spiced granola recipe brings all of the goodness of chai seasonings to a protein-packed, naturally-sweetened granola!
Chai-Spiced Granola Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup honey or agave, warmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and hot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 2 cups nuts (I used half almonds, half pecans)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- chai spice mix (see below)
Chai Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (Or if your baking sheet isn’t very large, I would recommend lining two smaller sheets.)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the warmed honey, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extracts until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together oats, nuts, coconut and chai spice mix until evenly combined. Add in the honey mixture, and toss until the dry ingredients are evenly coated. Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, removing the sheet from the oven at the halfway point to give the granola a good stir for even cooking. Return sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted.
- Remove sheet from oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in a sealed container and keep for up to 3 weeks.