A fabulous Caesar salad recipe that’s also on the “lighter” side, AND egg-free! It’s very flavorful, healthy, easy to prepare, and ready to go in minutes!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1–2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- generous pinch of salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons, homemade or storebought
- freshly-shaved Parmesan cheese
- caesar dressing
To Make The Dressing:
- Whisk first eight ingredients together in a small bowl until well-combined. Then, while still whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue whisking together until well blended. Season with extra salt and/or pepper if needed.
- To Make The Salad:
- First, prepare the chicken. Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound breasts with a meat mallet until they have reached a uniform thickness (about 3/8″), then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Carefully add two chicken breasts to pan. (Feel free to add more if you’re pan is big enough — just don’t crowd them.) Cook until both sides are lightly golden and chicken is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the lettuce (and croutons, if making homemade). Wash and dry the lettuce, and then tear or chop into bite-sized pieces. Toss with dressing, then serve topped with chicken, croutons and Parmesan.