Your favorite Mexican dish….turned into a pizza! You will love this chicken enchilada pizza recipe. It’s bursting with flavor!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 large unbaked pizza crust, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions and poblano, and saute for 5 minutes or until onions are cooked and translucent. Add diced green chiles and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss the shredded chicken with a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce.
- Prepare the pizza by spreading about *1 cup* of enchilada sauce evenly on the crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer the onion/poblano/chile mixture evenly on top of the sauce, then add the sauced chicken, then sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or according to the crust’s package instructions, or until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.
Here are some other ingredients that would be great on this pizza:
- black beans
- roasted red peppers
- black olives
What an awesome choice of pizza! I absolutely love EVERYTHING about this, and I’m definitely making this over the weekend. The boyfriend is going to be thrilled!
Thanks, Chung-Ah! You are so encouraging!!!
Love this idea of converting traditional enchiladas into pizza! I, too, need to mix up our Mexican regulars! This is awesome!
Ha – I’m all for anything that makes it look like I don’t eat Mexican nearly every day of the week. ;)
This is AWESOME! Totally pinned.
Thanks, Shelly! :)
Oh my–this looks and sounds spectacular! I can’t wait to give this a try–and homemade enchilada sauce–even better!
Thanks, Katie! That sauce really makes all the difference — it’s my favorite! :)
Pizza perfection! I simply adore this!!
this looks SO good!!!! I could eat Mexican food for the rest of my life and Mexican food on top of pizza just sounds even more appetizing!! beautiful photos
I just died. DIED.
Love this! I just made a pork carnitas pizza, so this willb e next!
I wanted to let you know that your Pin it for Pintrest does not work for me.
This looks amazing! Mexican & pizza…two of my favorite things ♥ I can’t wait to try this recipe out this weekend!
I love creative pizza ideas…and Mexican! All about this for sure :)
This is SO perfect!
OMG this is so going to be made by me! looks delicious!
I litteraly clicked on your blog because the name was so cute! And I am glad I did that pizza looks AMAZING!
Now this is a pizza we gotta try!!
My boyfriend would LOVE this, a man friendly recipe if ever there was one :) And you make a pizza look gorgeous, goodness knows how!
I found this post though Pinterest. The photo was so beautiful that I just had to come here to read the recipe! Love it! And love your site :-).
I would like to invite you to share this post (and your other posts :-) ) on a new photo based recipe sharing site that launched in May. The idea is simple: all recipe photographs are published within minutes of submission. And, of course, the images link back to the author’s site.
It’s called RecipeNewZ (with Z) – https://recipenewz.com
I hope you get a chance to visit and to share some of your delicious posts with our viewers. It would be a pleasure to have you on board :-)
OMG, two of my favorite foods combined! I NEED to try this!
These photos are so beautiful!
I always look at all your recipes in awww! Yet again, this looks amazing! I’m so inspired! Was wondering if you have your recipe for traditional enchiladas? Do you use all the same ingredients, just roll them up? :)
Am an Aussie chick from country NSW about to celebrate by 40th by hosting a FIESTA for friends and family. Of course, its the middle of summer here in Australia with temps currently over 41C (which I think is about 112F I think) so it’s pretty damn hot! Anyhow, I wanted some recipes to suit a lot of people who wouldn’t normally eat a lot of Mexican cuisine (besides the old taco) so this will definately make it on the menu, along with the little Mexican chocolate tarts and the baked Mexican Mozzarella sticks! Wish me luck…..
Was looking for a chicken fajita pizza recipe and came across this. As I love pizza, enchiladas and fajitas I decided to try your recipe but added green and red pepper. It was excellent. Thanks!
i l♥ve pizza
Went to pin this deliciousness and it took me here: https://www.quickneasyrecipes.net/chicken-enchilada-pizza/
Thank goodness for google image search.