Your favorite Mexican dish….turned into a pizza! You will love this chicken enchilada pizza recipe. It’s bursting with flavor!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 large unbaked pizza crust, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions and poblano, and saute for 5 minutes or until onions are cooked and translucent. Add diced green chiles and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss the shredded chicken with a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce.
- Prepare the pizza by spreading about *1 cup* of enchilada sauce evenly on the crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer the onion/poblano/chile mixture evenly on top of the sauce, then add the sauced chicken, then sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or according to the crust’s package instructions, or until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.
Here are some other ingredients that would be great on this pizza:
- black beans
- roasted red peppers
- black olives