Delicious, easy and versatile… you will LOVE this Chicken Tostadas recipe!
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup refried beans, canned or homemade (see recipe below)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups shredded (cooked) Rotisserie chicken
- juice from 1 lime
- grated cheddar (or Monterrey Jack) cheese
- shredded lettuce
- tomato (seeded and diced)
- avocado (halved, pitted, peeled, and diced small)
- fresh cilantro (stems removed and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with 2 teaspoons oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 10 minutes. Remove, and top each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans, and then sprinkle with some shredded cheese. Return to oven. Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add half of the diced red onion and cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken, chili powder and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is warmed through (about 2 minutes).
- Then divide chicken among the tortillas and place on top of the melted cheese. Continue to layer on the lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, remaining onion, and cilantro. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Cooking