This chipotle cheddar chopped salad recipe is full of the most delicious mix of crunchy greens, sharp cheddar, tender chicken, fresh herbs and veggies, and a creamy chipotle honey-lime dressing. See notes above for possible ingredient substitutions!
- 5 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup roasted pepitas (or your choice of nuts/seeds)
- 1/2 cup finely-diced red onions
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
Chipotle Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Make the dressing: Toss all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. (Or alternately, you can finely chop the chipotle by hand, then just stir all of the ingredients together until combined.)
- Toss the salad. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, then toss until evenly combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with extra shredded cheese and chopped tortilla chips if desired.
Source: Recipe is inspired by Dole’s famous chipotle cheddar chopped salad.