This Chipotle Chicken Cups Recipe is a HUGE crowd favorite and will fly off the table at record speed. Super simple to make! Detailed photos included.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-Jack cheese (or other favorite cheese)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or small-diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced (from the jar works well!)
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Fit one wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. Bake at 350º for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep wontons in muffin cups.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. If it’s fairly juicy (depending on your salsa), it’s helpful to drain out some of the liquid before moving on.
- Then add a pinch (about 1/2 Tbsp.) of cheese into each wonton cup, followed by about 1 Tbsp. of the chicken mixture. Then top each wonton with another pinch of cheese. Bake at 350º for 6 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from muffin cups. Serve immediately.
This recipe is adapted from My Recipes