This cilantro lime farro recipe is a tasty and healthier alternative to traditional rice.
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro leaves, loosely-packed
- zest and juice of 1 small lime (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cumin and garlic powder and black pepper
- Place farro in a medium saucepan and add the stock. (It should cover the farro.) Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Once the farro is cooked and chewy, drain off any excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.