This citrus olive oil cake recipe is easy to prep in one bowl, it’s naturally gluten-free, and made with lots of fresh orange and lemon.
- 1 cup (220 grams) almond flour
- 3/4 cup (145 grams) cane sugar (or granulated white sugar)
- 2/3 cup (100 grams) fine- or medium-grind cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lemon, zest + 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 1 orange, zest + 2 tablespoons of the juice
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Prep oven and springform. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment and lightly grease the sides with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and sea salt until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients. Add the eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, orange zest and orange juice. Stir until evenly combined.
- Bake. Pour the batter into the springform pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool for at least 15 minutes, leaving the cake in its pan.
- Serve. Run a knife gently around the edges of the cake to loosen any places it may be sticking to the pan, then remove the sides of the pan. Use a fine-mesh strainer to dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar, if desired. Slice the cake, serve, and enjoy!