You’ll love this Cocoa & Chili Rubbed Pork Chops Recipe! So flavorful!
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder (or regular chili powder)
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa, brown sugar, and chili powder together until well-blended. Sprinkle a little less than 1 tsp. on the tops of each pork chop, and pat/rub in. Flip over and do the same on the other sides. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, then sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Test to see if the oil is ready by dripping a drop or two of water in the skillet. (No sound – pan is too cold. Splatter – too hot. Sizzle – perfect!) Add pork chops and cover for about 5 minutes. (Mine were not super-thick, so only left then in for 4 minutes.) Then uncover and flip, and cook for a few more minutes until thoroughly cooked (between 145-160 degrees). If juices start to form on top of the chops, they’re definitely done!
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine