Add a subtle cocoa kick to some delicious chipotle salsa!
- 2 lb. tomatoes (I used roma)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeded*
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or one 3.5 oz. can)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until blended. Serve or refrigerate up to one week.
*If you do not like spicy salsa, I would recommend leaving out the jalapeno and just starting with one or two chipotle peppers, and then add more of either to taste.