An easy, delicious coconut shrimp soup recipe made with coconut milk, shrimp, pasta, carrots, scallions and more!
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound (6 to 8 medium) carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 ounces angel-hair pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large (3-quart) saucepan over medium-low heat. Add ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, coconut milk, and 3 cups water. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; add to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Break pasta in half; add to pot. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until pasta is al dente and carrots are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp; stir until opaque, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with salt. Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart