This Very Merry Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip is SUPER easy to make, and the perfect appetizer (or dessert!) for entertaining around the holidays!
- 2 packages Arla Original Cream Cheese
- 1 batch cranberry sauce (see below*)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils**
- 1 small jalapeño, cored and finely-diced
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- crackers, for dipping
Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or your desired type of sweetener)
To Make The Dip:
- Spread the cream cheese in a single layer in a large serving bowl or plate.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cream cheese in a single layer, followed by the pomegranate arils, diced jalapeño, and green onions.
- Serve immediately, with crackers for dipping.
To Make The Cranberry Sauce:
- Add cranberries, orange juice, water and sugar to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have popped.
- Remove from heat. Chill the cranberry sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator until completely chilled, about 2 hours. (Or you can make the cranberry sauce up to 3 days in advance.)
*You’re welcome to use any kind of cranberry sauce for this recipe. I also have a slow cooker version that’s easy and delicious!
**Here is my video tutorial for how to open and de-seed a pomegranate.
***If you’d like to prepare the dip in advance, I recommend making the cranberry sauce up to 3 days in advance. Then refrigerate it in a sealed container, along with the prepared pomegranate arils, chopped jalapeno and thinly-sliced green onions (those last three ingredients can be stored together). Once you’re ready to serve the dip, just assemble all of the dip layers, and serve!