This easy Cranberry Crisp recipe can be made in a large baking dish or in individual ramekins. Feel free to use your favorite kind of sweetener in place of brown sugar, if you’d like!
Cranberry Filling Ingredients:
- 24 ounces (about 6 cups) fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
Crispy Oatmeal Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios…you pick!)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flour (or almond meal)
- pinch of salt and ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 small ramekins, or one 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To Make The Cranberry Filling: Stir cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- To Make The Crispy Oatmeal Topping: Stir oats, nuts, brown sugar, melted butter, flour (or almond meal), salt and cinnamon together in a separate large bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Portion the cranberry filling evenly into the 8 ramekins (roughly 3/4 cup each), or pour the cranberry filling into the baking pan in an even layer. Sprinkle evenly with the crispy oatmeal topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cranberries are bubbling and the topping is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and rest on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.