These quick and easy Curried Satay Veggie Bowls take less than 20 minutes to make, they’re naturally gluten-free and vegan, and they are made with the most heavenly red curry sauce! Feel free to add in extra veggies or rice noodles, if you would like.
Satay Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- dash of lime juice
- pinch of Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Noodle Bowl Ingredients:
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped nuts, crushed red pepper flakes, lime wedges, sriracha (optional)
To Make The Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides once or twice if needed. For a thinner sauce, add a tablespoon or two of extra coconut milk (or water). Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper (and feel free to add in extra curry paste) if needed. Set aside.
To Make The Bowls:
- Spiralize, julienne or shave the zucchini into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Press with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and drizzle evenly with the tamari (or soy sauce). Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they are soft but not mushy. Remove from heat, add the satay sauce, and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings.
The sauce can also be made ahead and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal-prep!
Recipe slightly adapted and used with permission from Nourishing Superfood Bowls by Lindsay Cotter.