This Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse is quick and easy to make in the food processor, made with healthier ingredients, and it tastes absolutely decadent!
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 4 ounces 70% cacao baking chocolate, melted*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- optional toppings: chocolate whipped cream or coconut whipped cream** (see below), roughly-chopped dark chocolate, berries, nuts, etc.
- In a food processor, combine the avocados, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Puree until creamy. Spoon the mousse into 4 small ramekins and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the mousse topped with a dollop of whipped cream and/or your desired toppings.
*If making this vegan, be sure to use dairy-free chocolate.
**I made chocolate whipped cream by adding 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder to this recipe for homemade whipped cream. You could also do the same with this recipe for coconut whipped cream (vegan). Or…you could leave out the cocoa and just make traditional whipped cream or coconut whipped cream. :)
This recipe was used with permission from Love & Lemons. I adapted the toppings slightly.