Learn how to make deviled eggs with this classic deviled egg recipe that is always a crowd fave. See notes above for optional add-ins!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (made on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- toppings: smoked paprika and chopped fresh chives
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the egg yolks and transfer them to a small mixing bowl*.
- Using a fork, mash the egg yolks completely until they form a fine powder. Add in the Greek yogurt (or mayo), lemon juice, Dijon, garlic powder, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir until completely combined. Taste the mixture and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Or if the mixture seems too thick, just add in some more Greek yogurt or a tiny splash of water.
- Either using a spoon or a small cookie scoop or a piping bag, fill the inside of the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle each deviled egg with a pinch of paprika and chives, and serve immediately.
*For a super-smooth egg yolk filling, you can alternately add the yolks, Greek yogurt (or mayo), lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.