A Note a Day Advent Calendar
In my true late fashion here I am with an advent calendar a week late! I almost decided to skip a calendar this year since I had kind of missed the deadline for one, but this year I had something special in mind so I went ahead and made it happen.
This advent season Tanner and I are trying to focus more on relationships and time based activities rather than material things. To go along with this theme I decided that instead of having a gift based advent calendar it could be nice to focus more on the blessings that we have been given.
Here’s how it works:
Each day of advent instead of opening a card with either a gift or message on it, we are going to each take down the card for the day and write a note to each other, whether it is a note of encouragement, something sweet, something we are thankful for, etc. Then we will take the note and put it in each of our stockings to open on Christmas day.
I’m hoping this season of advent can be a time where we can really focus on the important things in life rather than getting wrapped up in all that the media has to offer.
Merry Christmas! :)
What you’ll need:
- White and brown Blank cards
- Paper Cutter
- Thin Sharpie
- Jute yarn or some sort of string for hanging
- Washi Tape (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Cut your blank cards into three even rectangles
- Number your cards from 1-25
- Staple your cards onto your yarn to keep them in place and cover the staple with washi tape and ribbon for a cute accent
- Hang your calendar
- Each day take a card down and write something uplifting or encouraging and place it in a loved one’s stocking to open on Christmas day!