This Easy Refrigerator Pickles recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prep, and makes perfectly crisp and delicious pickles that you’ll LOVE!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher or pickling salt*
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more/less to taste
- 1 large English hothouse seedless cucumber, sliced into rounds or spears
- Add the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, garlic, dill and bay leaf to a large (1-quart) jar — or divide the mixture evenly between two small (1-pint) jars — and stir to combine.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the jar(s). Then place the lids on the jar(s), and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate ideally for at least 2 days before eating, although you can totally dive in before that time. The pickles will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Do not use iodized table salt for this recipe.
**Feel free to stir in some sweetener (honey, sugar, etc.) if you’d like sweeter pickles.