This Easy Shrimp Ceviche is made with lots of fresh mango, carrots, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and red onion, and tossed in a delicious chili-lime sauce. Feel free to sub in your favorite mix-ins, and/or make this recipe with fish instead of shrimp.
- 12 ounces raw, peeled and deveined shrimp, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large jalapeño, cored and finely-chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1.5 teaspoons guajillo or ancho chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Add shrimp, carrots, mango, jalapeño, red onion and fresh cilantro to a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt until combined.
- Pour the lime juice mixture on top of the shrimp mixture, and toss until all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes, pausing to give the mixture a good stir every 10 minutes or so, until the shrimp has “cooked” and is pink. Taste and add extra seasonings if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by the restaurant at Hotel Escondido.