What It Is:
An iconic spot for tapas and Cava in the heart of El Born.
Where It’s Located:
El Born | Google Map
Why We Love It:
Barcelona has tons of beautiful, contemporary tapas-style restaurants to draw in visitors and locals alike. But El Xampanyet is one of those perfect combinations of classic old-world-style Catalonia, with a delicious menu, cheap Cava, and a vibe to tie it all together.
- You MUST order the house Cava. A 1 liter bottle of the house cava goes for about €10.
- The servers are really knowledgeable and can guide you to any of their menu’s highlights. Definitely ask their opinion – they’re happy to offer it :)
- It’s usually busy at El Xampanyet, but we went on the early side of dinner, and we noticed tables turned over pretty quickly.
- Don’t be intimidated by the crowd – the energy in there is a big part of the fun!
- Check out our downloadable travel guide map for other recommendations nearby!
For More Barcelona Travel Recommendations…
Check out our Gimme Some Barcelona Travel Guide, which includes a constantly-updated list of our best recommendations on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat in Barcelona. Plus, we’ve also shared a bunch of our best Barcelona-specific travel tips, so that you can navigate the city like a local.
Also, feel free to download our Gimme Some Barcelona Google Map, which includes all of the recommendations listed in our travel guide.